My Frigidaire dehumidifier is leaking water out the back
JustAnswer Customer: My Frigidaire dehumidifier is leaking water out the back instead of either sending it out my hose of putting it into the bucket.
Pearl Wilson: Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is?
Pearl Wilson: Assistant: And just to clarify, what’s the exact model?
JustAnswer Customer: FDL70S1A.
JustAnswer Customer: About three years old
Pearl Wilson: Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
JustAnswer Customer: Yes.
JustAnswer Customer: Local folks say they don’t mess with dehumidifiers
Pearl Wilson: Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
JustAnswer Customer: I found something stopped up (not the external drain hose) inside a couple years ago with my brother’s help.
JustAnswer Customer: Not sure how we did it!
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: It’s probably a clogged drain.
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: You can blow out the drain line where it drains into whatever it goes to.
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: Using compressed air of some sort.
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: Or you can remove the panel where the drain comes out.
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: Look for an obstruction.
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: A teaspoon of bleach will stop any algae build up as well.
Charles Bodenheimer: HVAC Mechanic: Lmk what you find thanks.
Pearl Wilson: Assistant: If you have a home improvement or appliance question and want to chat with an expert now visit justanswer.com/ythi
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- I have a soleus dehumidifier. ON the float there is a small
- I have a Hisense dehumidifier which is abut 3 months old and
- I have a Hisense Dehumidifier. It is displaying an E9 error
- My Frigidaire dehumidifier shows an EC code. I have
- My Whirlpool Dehumidifier with pump Model WDH70EAPW worked
- Hisense Dehumidifier pump doesn't seem to work. Unit only
- GE dehumidifier is not pulling moisture from air and has rust from leaking refrigerant Freon.
- I have a Soleus Air 70 pint demumidifier that does not
- My Dehumidifier is Not Draining!
- What is the Best Setting for My Dehumidifier?
- Testing the water from my dehumidifier
- The mysterious leaking dehumidifier
- Cleaning My 70 Pint Frigidaire/Haier/Kenmore/Sunbeam/Kenless/Danby/Arctic King Dehumidifier
- Frigidaire Dehumidifier Water Bucket Replacement Part
- Frigidaire: How I was Treated After 5 Years
Last update 2021-10-05. Price and product availability may change.