How to troubleshoot and repair a dehumidifier, Part 1. FarmCraft101
Watch me tear into a broken dehumidifier and get it working again with a simple FREE fix. Repairs don’t always go this well, but I’m always up for the challenge.
A good quality dehumidifier: https://amzn.to/2Te0kf5
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ83Grg11U0
Support me on Patreon:
A dehumidifier uses a simple concept to draw moisture out of the air. That is: water will condense on a cold surface, just like it does on your glass of ice water. The compressor pumps freon into a high pressure state, which makes it hot. Air then blows over this hot freon and it’s temperature falls closer to room temperature. When this cooler freon passes through an expansion valve and is allowed to return to low pressure state it gets cold. When gases expand, their temperature drops, just like if you spray an aerosol can for a little while it will feel cold. This cold freon is pumped through a coil and air from the room is blown over it. Moisture condenses on the coil and drips down into the catch pan or drain hose. The freon returns to the compressor to start the cycle again.
My basic strategy with fixing dehumidifiers is to first check the compressor/refrigeration function. If the coils get cold, then it should be fixable. At that point you just need to get air blowing over the coils. In my opinion, if the refrigeration side isn’t working, then it’s time for a tear down, as the amount of expense and work to fix it is greater than the cost of a new unit.
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Dehumidifier repair part 2, FarmCraft101
- How to fix/disassembled a Hisense dehumidifier. Part 1
- How Does a Dehumidifier Work? — Appliance Repair Tips
- Repair Frigidaire Dehumidifier Repair (compressor won’t turn off)
- Dehumidifier Review On How to Operate Frigidaire How to Use
- How To Store Your Guns (Avoiding Rust and Scratches)
- How to calculate dehumidifier sizing to select a dehumidifier & Desiccant Vs Refrigerant types
- Dehumidifier for small Room | How to make
- ☔HOW TO PREVENT MOLD IN YOUR RV 💦 Tips and Tricks for RVing in Humid Climates
- How To Set Up Your De’Longhi Dehumidifier (Everything You Need To Know)
- How to make Moisture absorber | Dehumidifier | Air Purifier
- LG Dehumidifier – How to Empty the Water Bucket
- Best Dehumidifiers in 2020 – How to Choose a Dehumidifier to Improve Your Air Quality?
- How to Fix a Haier Dehumidifier
- LG Portable AC – How to Setup A Continuous Drain
Last update 2022-05-25. Price and product availability may change.