How to Make a Dehumidifier Using Thermoelectric Cooling – RCLifeOn
In today’s video I’m going to show you how to build an effective dehumidifier to decrease the humidity in the air. Here’s all the parts needed:
-Computer fan (http://www.ebay.com/itm/152164778088?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=451360086551&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
-Large heat sink (http://www.ebay.com/itm/322153363563?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
-Small heat sink (http://www.ebay.com/itm/331591409583?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
-Peltier chip (thermoelectric cooler) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/291568790291?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
-Heat sink compound (http://www.ebay.com/itm/391205942743?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
-Scrap material, such as foam.
-12V battery (http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-1V-3000mAh-30C-3S-Lipo-batterie-T-Branchez-Pour-Align-Trex-450-helicopteres-/401183692795?hash=item5d686957fb:g:fjcAAOSwvzRXzo3R)
All these parts can be found on Ebay for under 30$! You will also need some tools:
-Screwdriver + screws
Becuase of the limited number of parts it goes together quite easily. Begin with attaching the fan to the larger heat sink using screws. A computer fan will have a red, black and yellow wire, cut of the yellow using a plier.
Your next step is to place the peltier chip between the large and small heat sink. Use the heat sink compound on both sides of the peltier chip and sandwich the device between the two. In order to keep the peltier under constant pressure (this is to ensure it keeps good contact witht he two surfaces) use screws to connect the two heat sinks. This will also reassure that the peltier stays in the same place.
Take your scrap piece of foam and cut long enough legs for it to lift from the ground. You may want to use wood instead of foam to increase durability.
At this point you will have two wires from the fan, and two wires from the peltier chip. It’s now time to test if our dehumidifier works. Check the rotation of the fan, the air should be pushed downwards.
Subscribe to my channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/rclifeonsimon?sub_confirmation=1
The Time Is Now – HookSounds
Phantom Sage – Illusions
Sony Alpha a55
Video Editing Programs:
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Dehumidifier for small Room | How to make
- How to make Moisture absorber | Dehumidifier | Air Purifier
- HOW TO MAKE A DEHUMIDIFIER AT HOME .
- Dehumidifier – How to Find the Model Number
- Dehumidifier Review On How to Operate Frigidaire How to Use
- How room air conditioner(AC) works- cooling with dehumidification
- How to automatically drain your dehumidifier
- how to drain a dehumidifier to the outside
- How to Install a Dehumidifier Pump | This Old House
- How to Drain a Dehumidifier Automatically | Sylvane
- Dehumidifier Thermoelectric
- Can I Install a Dehumidifier to Kill Mold or Make it Go Dormant
- How to Set Your Dehumidifier | Sylvane
- Pro Select Condensate Pump Portable Air Conditioner Dehumidifier Unit HOW TO HAVE IT HOOKED UP TO
- Best Dehumidifiers in 2020 – How to Choose a Dehumidifier to Improve Your Air Quality?
Last update 2021-10-05. Price and product availability may change.