Dehumidifier with awesome capacity up to 4,500 Square Feet! 70 pint size by Ivation
Best summertime purchase EVER! Love it! It makes my house a lot more comfortable!
OK, if you’ve ever lived in the humid southern or mid-south climate, you know what it’s like to walk outside and instantly start sweating. We get afternoon rains frequently, and the temp reaches high 90’s most days from May to September. No matter how good your central air is, there’s no way to totally keep up. If you have just a window unit AC, or no AC, it’s HORRID! I’m thankful to have central air (We just got the upstairs unit replaced last month! Whew! So expensive!) Our house is 17 years old and 2,700 square feet. It truly needs this dehumidifier to make the AC more efficient so we can FEEL cooler.
I’m extremely pleased with the performance of this dehumidifier! I no longer have a hard time drying off after a shower (when it’s too moist in your house, the air makes you feel so hot … that old saying “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity!” is soooo true!
1) This is a 70 pint unit that is HEAVY DUTY. With a 2 1/4 gallon water reservoir that collects the moisture, I am really happy to dump all that water out. My house just feels SO much more comfortable!
2) Works for up to 4,500 square feet, so this is plenty powerful for my home.
3) Easy to plug it in and use (turns on with power on/off button. When the water tank is full, it turns off automatically)
4) The rolling caster wheels are awesome. I rolled it from my kitchen to the entrance near my living room and dining room easily.
5) The removable filter is easy to slide out and you can vacuum it or wash it with water. (Soft towel try it) …NO FILTERS NEEDED to replenish. Saves money by not having to deal with special filter replacements.
6) The cord is 6 feet long, and that’s plenty for us!
7) Choose from high fan or regular fan speed. There’s the normal power button and also a timer to set a specific time to turn on/off.
8) Easy to arrow up or down the humidity set point you wish.
9) If you have a floor drain (basements often have these), then you can attach the provided hose and let it continually drain and you don’t need to empty the tank at all. When I lived in Michigan, we had a basement that always felt damp. We had a wimpy dehumidifier attached to the furnace but it was small. We needed a turbo charged dehumidifier! Now, in the Memphis area where I live, there are very few basements since the water table is so high. I sure miss having a basement!!! This is handy for anyone with humidity problems. I think it’s especially helpful for lake homes, cabins, basements, etc.
10) Eco-friendly product. I love items with green reputations! Energy Star products are important to me.
11) If you operate this in lower temps (can operate as low as 41 degrees F, there’s an automatic defrost to protect the unit. This will kick in when the temp is lower than around 56 1/2 degrees F. This keeps your evaporator coils safe from damage.
12) If the power goes out, it will turn on automatically when you get power back on again. (I love automatic features, like the red LED light when the tank is full and needs to be emptied out)
WORKS FAST! I dropped the humidity from 71% to 52% in less than an hour with my first test.
It does raise the temperature slightly. My temp rose from 75 to 77 with it in full speed use. When you turn it on high, I notice it does kick out air on top that is slightly warm. Not hot like a heater, but there’s some raised temps to consider. I have not just put it on lower speed once the humidity is where I want it. That doesn’t raise the temp much at all. It’s not noticeable to me, because the humidity is much lower.
The overall FEEL of my air is better and cooler. Less moisture is more comfortable and I don’t sweat like I used to in the kitchen or cleaning my house. After a shower I feel clean and dry, not hotter!!! LOL
You can find this item on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2bDDEyS
Amazon item name:
Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier – Large-Capacity For Spaces Up To 4,500 Sq Ft – Includes Programmable Humidistat, Hose Connector, Auto Shutoff / Restart, Timer, Casters & Washable Air Filter
I was very happy to receive this Dehumidifier as a sample to test at no cost so I could provide an honest and unbiased review.
I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Shinco 50 Pint Mid Size Portable Dehumidifier for mid Size Rooms up to 3000 Sq.Ft.
- Dehumidifier with large capacity by Ivation
- Dehumidifier 4000 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier 1500 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier 300 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier 1000 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier 400 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier For Basement Room 250-300 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier 500 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier And Air Purifier Combo For 200 Square Feet
- Dehumidifier 4500 Square Feet
- 200 Square Feet Dehumidifier For Home
- Unboxing Ivation Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier to treat damp/wet bathroom
- 1200 Square Feet Dehumidifier
- Dehumidifier 800 Square Feet
Last update 2022-05-25. Price and product availability may change.