Can You Use A Dehumidifier and Air Purifier In The Same Room?
Check out the in-depth article about this video here: https://www.freshairgenie.com/can-you-use-a-dehumidifier-and-air-purifier-in-the-same-room/
If you stay in a high humidity zone like the tropics or in a coastal area, a dehumidifier can be quite a handy tool. But what happens, when you are in a high humidity zone and your air is also quite polluted?
Can you use an air purifier together with a dehumidifier to deal with pollution and humidity at the same time?
In short yes you can. An air purifier can be used together with a dehumidifier in the same room without any problem.
The two devices complement each other and do not inhibit each other’s performance in any way.
They work together well to kill and prevent mold, mold spores, and musty odors from spreading in a home.
An air purifier will get rid of dust, bacteria and allergens in your room, while the dehumidifier pulls excess moisture out of the air making it harder for contaminants in your air to survive.
So this is a very powerful combination for good air quality in your house.
That said, there are a couple of things you need to consider before you use a dehumidifier and air purifier together.
The first thing you need to know is that dehumidifiers are heavy power consumers. This means you will need a surge protector and separate power circuit from your air purifier to run it.
Your dehumidifier manual may even state that you should not connect it to an extension cord and rather run it straight from your socket on the wall.
So to play it safe, I would suggest you take this approach to avoid blowing up anything.
Secondly, using the two devices together will only be effective to a certain extent if you are facing serious damp and moisture problems.
If something is leaking, or there is water in your crawlspace, you will have to get to the root cause of your excess moisture problem.
Then only when you find the root cause of the problem and fix it will your dehumidifier and air purifier effectively keep your air dry and clean.
Lastly, if there are no underlying issues apart from a humid climate causing moisture, mustiness, and mold in your home, then this is the perfect situation to use these two devices together.
For maximum performance, make sure to keep the windows and doors in your house closed while these devices operate.
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- How to Use LGR 7000XLi Portable Dehumidifier
- Air Purifier VS Dehumidifier (Difference Between Air Purifier and Dehumidifier)
- 2 In 1 Dehumidifier And Air Purifier
- Dehumidifier And Air Purifier 2 In 1
- Dehumidifier And Air Purifier In One
- Air Purifier And Dehumidifier In One
- Dehumidifier And Air Purifier All In One
- How to make Moisture absorber | Dehumidifier | Air Purifier
- Dehumidifier Built In Pump Air Purifier
- Small Room Dehumidifier And Air Purifier
- Dehumidifier Air Purifier Built In Filter
- Dehumidifier And Air Purifier For Room
- Air Dehumidifier And Purifier All In One
- Air Purifier And Dehumidifier In One Basement
- Philips 2-in-1 Air Dehumidifier & Purifier 5000 Series
Last update 2021-06-19. Price and product availability may change.